S.R. Clarke & Associates, LLC
Chief Operating Officer
For over 38 years, we’ve provided the professionals who have built and renovated America’s most iconic buildings, bridges, highways and infrastructure. At SR Clarke & Associates, we strengthen and support companies and we build careers.
Chief Operating Officer | Brooklyn, NY
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO with a construction or engineering background to oversee our client's ongoing operations and procedures in NYC.
You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of the overall business.
The COO is a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
You’ll have control of all business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal in filling this position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth for the future.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
Background and Experience
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Construction background