Hybrid Visual Designer/UX
Table XI is a Chicago-based digital consultancy, focused on building web and mobile applications for mid-market companies. For more than ten years we've been crafting awesome software that delivers business value to our customers. And, since our clients are local to Chicago, we get to work on a diverse and complex set of problems without leaving town.
Hybrid Visual Designer/UX | Chicago, IL
We’re looking for a designer to bring strategic and creative vision to solving user needs. Some designers fall in love with the solution, you fall in love with the problem. You’re not just interested in creating a beautiful design, you have a deep desire to ensure it meets the needs of the business and its customers. You’re flexible and earnest in your approach but understand that the path to creating great products is paved in user research and validation. This is your chance to work with world-class creative technologists, grow your skills, and wow users.
- Be an empathetic designer. Everything you touch should be clean, precise, artfully crafted and visually stunning
- See the forest and the trees. Designing great products is about being equally concerned with strategic direction and micro-interactions of the user experience
- Talk to users: usability testing is just one of the tools you’ll use to help clients make informed product decisions
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and business analysts
- Be a design facilitator: create engaging environments and lead groups of stakeholders through design-thinking exercises (bonus points for experience with Google Design Sprints but not required)
- Learn from everyone, no matter what their title is
Experience and Background
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Be an experienced consultant, with a proven track record of building lasting relationships with your clients
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Daily gourmet meals cooked in-house with vegetarian, gluten-free, and other options available
- The promise of minimal travel
- A casual loft office that pairs an open floor plan with quiet rooms
- Competitive salary
- Cigna health insurance
- 401k plan, including profit sharing