NMS Labs is the nation's leading independent provider of professional laboratory testing services, specializing in clinical toxicology, forensic science, and other vitally important areas of esoteric testing and expert services. We employ more than 250 highly trained professionals who work closely with leading healthcare providers, medical researchers, and various members of the criminal and civil justice system to provide integrated testing and consultative services.
NMS Labs is an ISO accredited independent provider of clinical and forensic toxicology, endocrinology and criminalistics laboratory services for the health care and forensic sciences communities. Since 1970, we have built a reputation as a provider of innovative, first-to- market and hard-to- find testing that has evolved to a broad menu of over 2,500 laboratory tests.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCT DIRECTOR | WILLOW GROVE, PA
We are seeking an Associate Product Director in our Marketing functional group. The successful candidate will work with the strategic business unit team members and cross-functional partners, including R&D, Finance, Operations, and the Executive Team, as well as with external partners, to develop plans and tactics for the US business.
- Commercial Results - Achieve business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit and price on an annual basis. Manage expenses within budget. Increase company’s leadership position in target market. Develop and execute strategies to protect and grow company’s position in the US market.
- Brand Strategy - Leads the development of brand strategies for products, services, programs and other key initiatives including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, branding, and life cycle management. Manage key products in the product portfolio. Provide input into next generation portfolio prioritization.
- Portfolio Planning & Product Development - Develops multigenerational portfolio plans aligned to company strategy.
- Product Launch - Responsible for leading and executing impactful product launches. Specific responsibilities include the development of brand strategy, marketing materials for all key stakeholders, price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan, product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales tools, etc.
- Customer Insights and Analytics - Execute primary market research to define, prioritize and develop corresponding justifications for market requirements of new products. Provide technical expertise to assist in their execution. Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales team, attendance at industry meetings, journals review, work with KOLs, etc.) Support the development of market opportunity assessments, pricing analysis, and set goals and track metrics of demand generation activities. Provide technical expertise to assist in their execution.
- Analytics-Business Planning & Execution - Work independently and with manager to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.). Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan. Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior. Partner with the marketing team members and sales force to effectively deploy.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 6-9 years of demonstrated Marketing experience in brand/product management
- Professional experience with successful new product launches in in vitro diagnostics or medical devices/life sciences/ forensic industry is required, with knowledge of lab testing in a clinical and/or forensic environment preferred
- The Product Manager must have strong quantitative analytical skills as they relate to conducting market analysis and research, establishing product strategies, working with product development teams, forecasting, and pricing.
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of business results, a sense of urgency and big picture orientation with attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills are required.
- Located in suburban Philadelphia, NMS Labs offers a stimulating and diverse work environment with competitive salary/compensation plans and great benefits, including medical/dental/vision/prescription plan, life/STD/LTD, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, 401k plan with generous match and profit sharing pension plan.
- NMS Labs offers a stimulating and diverse working environment and unique culture
- FREE pretzels on Tuesdays, fresh fruit on Wednesdays, yearly influenza shots, parking, fully equipped exercise room with locker rooms, wellness programs
- In April, weeklong celebration for National Medical Laboratory Professionals
- Company Wellness Committee and ‘Activiteam’ dedicated to plan exciting events and seminars throughout the year
- In July, Founder’s Day celebration
- In December, holiday celebration for employees and their families
- Halloween Potluck, Company Summer Outing, Charity Drives
- Healthy Work Place Award - Philadelphia Business Journal – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Onsite fitness room and shower