Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Critical Care and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care. As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Product Manager - Hemostasis Reagents
Key member of a dynamic Hemostasis Corporate Marketing team based at the IL Headquarters (Bedford, MA). Defines and implements market requirements for hemostasis reagents. Cooperates with different company departments, such as R&D, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Operations, Logistics and Finance for the development, launch, and product management of certain hemostasis reagents. Prepares marketing support programs. Coordinates implementation with technical services and field sales organization. Provides Marketing assistance to field personnel and customers. This role will be responsible for the following duties:
- Key marketing interface with R&D, Operations and QA/RA
- Develop and implement the corporate marketing plan, including field studies, publications and sales/marketing tools to support the growth of the existing products.
- Develop and finalize product specifications, review analytical and clinical data; prepare the product launch and marketing/sales material; cooperate with the business development team for the assessment of new potential markers.
- Monitors field test and marketing introduction programs
- Prepares and coordinates marketing support programs. Contribute to planning and creation of advertising and promotional materials. Write technical bulletins and newsletters.
- Review as needed production forecasts, projections, inventory; support operations in considering and/or implementing modifications in product specifications where necessary
- Provides sales technical training for local marketing organizations. Works with field organizations to develop marketing tools required to introduce new products and sales campaigns for all or part of product line. Makes presentations to selected customers.
- Technical and Marketing support to Affiliates and Dealers
- Understands performance and advantages of IL products Understands technical aspects of IL and competitive products
- Keeps informed about developments in medical instrumentation/diagnostic industry as they apply to the company’s future marketing plans
- Interfaces with all levels of management and to independently resolve conflicts/problems with company peers
- Manages and drives internal projects with minimal supervision
Experience and Background
- BS degree in a related science field, to include Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Medical Technology
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of technical and business/marketing/product management assignments
- Previous experience in IVD or Pharma companies required
- Extensive knowledge of Hemostasis (significant plus)
- Effective and influential communication skills as evident in meeting with key opinion leaders, PhD., MDs, formal presentations, informal discussions and written documentation
- Must have high energy, initiative, be a self-starter, be very self-motivated, and creative
- Able to build cooperative relationships and work as a team
- Able to plan, organize and establish priorities within the corporate marketing strategies
- Able to use the most common office software and corporate IT systems (e.g. SAP)