Service Operations Manager
MANAGER, SERVICE OPERATIONS | REMOTE
Reporting to the Director of Service and Support, North America, provides leadership, develops strategic direction and manages internal and external Service and Support operation functions for US and Canada. Acts as the liaison between the functional units within the company and the North America Commercial organization. Develops and implements all critical business operating procedures within the North America Commercial Service organization with focus on continuous improvement of custome support and satisfaction.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the North America Field Service and Support Organization and administrative requirements of the department
- Utilizes service support metrics and works with field service management to assess personnel requirements, customer satisfaction levels and monitor and evaluate the performance of the North America service organization
- Coordinates with internal support departments, including TSG, Customer Service, IS&S, WW
- Service, RA/QA, Manufacturing and Finance to develop and implement cross department processes required to improve North America Service Operations to maximize service efficiency, increase service revenue and control operating costs
- Develops and implements with finance the cycle count process to ensure accurate inventory
- Works with Director of Service and Support and Finance to prepare annual service operational budget
- Develop, implement and manage third party Service Partners
- Reports to senior management the performance/statistics for the North America organization
- Assist Field Managers to resolve complex service operation and business problems by making solid decisions collaborating with the field service management and internal support staff.
- Develop and implement a plan of action based on the above
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry) or Engineering. An MBA is highly desirable.
- Seven years in a sales, service or support managerial capacity.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong motivational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- A solid understanding of business systems, computer hardware and software