The Gainesville Sun
Digital Advertising Sales Specialist
The Gainesville Sun is a daily newspaper located in North-Central Florida. It covers Gainesville and Alachua County as well as several surrounding counties in the area. The company maintains several websites including Gainesville.com and Gatorsports.com and offers a full suite of digital marketing solutions.
The Digital Advertising Sales Specialist leads the sales of online advertising products and services from the company’s websites and 3rd party partners. The position will focus on growing online spending share from existing customers, using digital media to secure new customers, and managing retention tactics for all digital media customers and ad campaigns. The position reports directly to the Advertising Director to ensure that monthly reports and successes are shared, that corporate initiatives are launched and to receive ongoing digital sales intelligence.
This position requires the ability to prospect new business, uncover client needs and formulate advertising campaigns utilizing our full suite of audience-based products. In addition, depth of understanding of the digital landscape, marketing trends and the ability to train sales team members on new products/initiatives is vital. Successful candidates will have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, while establishing and adjusting priorities as new products are launched. The specialist will be expected to develop and maintain contacts and relationships in key areas around the company and with advertising clients.
- Meet/exceed established digital advertising sales goals through individual efforts and 4-legged calls with team members.
- Sell all online and digital media products and service, and proactively seek business opportunities
- Maintain effective CPM (eCPM) and sell-through for website inventory.
- Plan and execute the launch of digital media sales initiatives.
- Develop and deliver informed online solutions and campaign recommendations for sales proposals.
- Teach/train sales team.
- Meet the minimum requirement for 4-legged calls with sales team.
- Implement, manage and report on online sales retention operations.
- Handle reporting and analysis of sales metrics.
- Maintain effective communications with sales support departments in Daytona and at other business units.
- 2+ years of effective of digital advertising sales.
- In depth knowledge of digital media products, campaigns, competition, and share shift tactics. (SEO/SEM, Social Media Advertising, Email Marketing, Targeted Marketing Campaigns)
- Familiarity with consultative selling concepts and client relationship building with account management.
- Previous success in training others to effectively sell digital products preferred.
- Computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and ability to learn in-house software applications.
- Competitive base pay based on experience, plus bonus/incentives.
- Excellent Healthcare/prescription coverage with a choice of three plans.
- Dental and Vision coverage.
- Company-paid STD & LTD, 401K.
- Paid time off includes two weeks of vacation, five personal days, six set holidays, plus two floating holidays, and five days of sick time.