For over a century The Lebermuth Company has been sourcing, distilling, and perfecting the use of essential oils, which are crucial building blocks of fragrance and flavor. Our wide palette of ingredients allows our innovative team to develop new fragrance and flavor concepts, both natural and synthetic, in order to fit each and every client's individual needs, providing you with exactly what you need to succeed in the marketplace.
Our creative team of perfumers and flavorist have over 70 years of experience. They are supported by well-educated evaluators, analytical and cosmetic chemists as well as a knowledgeable regulatory team. The willingness of our perfumers and flavorist to take a client's idea and transform it into a customized formulation is a key benefit of working with the Lebermuth family. Our team works hand-in-hand with our clients through the product development, application testing, and stability testing phases, assuring both quality and satisfaction.
Lebermuth works directly with farmers from over 30 different countries, seeking the finest ingredients Mother Nature has to offer. Having started out in 1908 selling only mint oil, the company has expanded to selling over 250 essential oils, as well as having formulated thousands of fragrances and flavors. We have a strategic purchasing plan in place, supported by our Supply Chain Manager, who ensures we have what our clients need when they need it.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT | SOUTH BEND, IN
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing, examining and analyzing accounting records, financial statements and reports, with accuracy and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Accurately record accounting transactions with an understanding of how each relates to asset, liability and equity accounts
- Maintain and balance accounts payable by reconciling and posting transactions, and resolving any discrepancies; ensure necessary supporting documentation is on file
- In accordance with Lebermuth’s established schedule, prepare vendor payments for processing
- Prepare income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements in a timely manner, and respond to Company executives on any questions regarding data reported
- Monitor accounts receivable; follow up with Sales team members, as needed, for assistance with collection efforts
- Assist with annual budget preparation and periodically prepare reports to compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Participate in Lebermuth’s annual physical inventory, both by counting inventory and processing necessary transactions
- In coordination with the Controller, assist with requests from Company management for ad hoc or special reports; provide requested data in a user-friendly format
- Provide supervision to Accounting assistants, and perform their job functions, in the event of any absences
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of two years’ applicable work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. CPA certification preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write correspondence that is professional in both content and tone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Lebermuth departments and vendors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply mathematical and statistical concepts to achieve desired results.
- Thorough understanding of computations for general ledger, account reconciliations, inventory control
- and fixed asset management.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
- situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Adept at using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Computer Skills: Ability to type with accuracy and speed. Strong working knowledge and experience
- with ERP systems. Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Valid driver’s license. CPA designation preferred.
- Regularly work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to cultivate productive relationships with Lebermuth departments, customers, and vendors
- Productive contributor when working independently and, also, when working in a team
- Ability to read and understand verbal and written instruction on an on-going basis
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; ability to multi-task; takes an organized approach to work