The Raleigh House
The Raleigh House is a 90 day substance dependency / addiction program located in the historic Highlands neighborhood of Denver. We provide a comprehensive, holistic model of care to adults. In addition to the best of traditional and cutting-edge therapeutic approaches, we also offer art therapy, nutritional therapy, and functional medicine. We pride ourselves on having a close-knit, highly skilled clinical team and dedicated floor staff, and our caring and effective treatment program inspires many clients to find healing and success.
Behavioral Health Therapist | Denver, CO
The Behavioral Health Therapist provides individual and group psychotherapy, and family and couples therapy as needed. S/he carries a caseload of 6 - 9 clients. Globally, the therapist has crucial role responsible for providing safety, supervision, organization and follow-through in all domains related to efficient and effective treatment services provided and business functioning.
- Participate in the admission process: initial ASAM assessment, treatment planning, coordination of care, transmission of case information to appropriate staff, i.e. nursing, BHT, Director(s).
- Responsibility for treatment, case management, collateral contacts, behavioral contracts, treatment plan updates, documentation, frequency of sessions and UA/BA.
- Participation in multidisciplinary meetings and clinical client staffing. Follow through with nursing/medical to maintain awareness of client’s medications/conditions/referral appointments.
- Assist clients to plan and navigate milieu activities based on level of care and transition to lower levels of care and greater autonomy during course of treatment.
- Address any issues with urine testing/breathalyzer testing, including documentation, treatment plan revisions, documented medical necessity for on-going testing, possible discharge, etc.
- Facilitate process groups, psycho-education, individual therapy, and family education/therapy services.
- Accurate and thorough discharge planning promoting continuity of appropriate care. Discharge summary must document follow-up appointments within 7 days of discharge with provider name/contact number and time/date of appointment.
- Participation in group and individual supervision, quality Improvement Committees.
- Take clinical ON- CALL phone as assigned.
- Assist in client case coverage in the event of staff shortage. This includes completing any documentation that is required during time of coverage.
Experience and Background
- Master’s Degree in field related to counseling, therapy, social science. Colorado certification for addiction counseling preferred: CACII, CACIII, or LAC.
- Must have minimum two years of experience working in a substance abuse treatment facility and/or work with addictions and populations with severe mental illness.
- Professional counseling licensure (LPC, LMFT, LCSW) REQUIRED. CO driver’s license required.
- Competitive Salary
- Sign-on bonus at 6 months of successful employment
- Paid vacation
- Partially paid health insurance (including medical, dental, vision) & life insurance