Thor Construction, Inc.
Founded in 1980, THOR has evolved into one of the largest African-American owned construction companies in the world. We do more than just build buildings - through the development of structures we transform lives and the communities we serve. We believe in sharing the opportunities afforded us with underutilized contractors, therefore increasing competition and diversifying the tax base.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning a particular construction job and overseeing its progress along the way. You will work alongside architects and engineers, supervise subcontractors, and work with owners to bring project in on time and under budget.
- Work with Estimator to ensure no scope items were missed during the estimation stage.
- Work directly with clients to ensure projects meet or exceed their expectations.
- Prepare budgets for the project and create a schedule for the project and complete the buy out process of the project.
- Determine which construction techniques are right for the project in collaboration with the superintendent and plan a strategy for completion while staying within budget and controlling work quality.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses prior to the start of the project and ensure all drawings and plans are reviewed and approved.
- Ensure subcontractors can complete their scope of work and provide correct documentation prior to starting work on site.
- Complete contract setup requirements for architects, owners, suppliers, subcontractors and ensure Contract Administrator has all the information they need to issue the contract.
- Direct, track, communicate and forecast the financial aspects for the well being of the project in the best interest of the company, owner, and all parties involved.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress, cost tracking reports to direct supervisor.
- Ensure job site is operating a safe manner and conduct routine job walks to assess progress, safety issues, and ensure construction codes are being followed by working with the regional safety director to develop and implement quality control programs.
- Ensure project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards are being achieved within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Confer with supervisors and foreman to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on site foreman to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure all subcontractor billings are turned in per contract billing frequency and review owner billing before submission to ensure all billing costs are captured.
- Manage and execute all close out aspects once the project is complete.
Experience & Background
- 5+ Years Project Management Experience in Construction
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, architecture, or Construction Management.
- Must have knowledge in project budgeting, planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, scheduling and change management.
- Timberline experience preferred.
- Must be able to read construction plans/drawings.
- Strong leadership skills. Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources, analyze and interpret financial data and ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Integrating and promoting effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.