Donation Pickup Driver
ThriftSmart is a nonprofit social enterprise operating thrift stores in Middle Tennessee. We combine our passion for serving our community with the best trends in business management to create jobs, provide value to customers, and generate ongoing revenue for our four charity partners.
Donation Pickup Driver | Franklin, TN
The truck driver/receiving associate position performs a variety of transportation work, including picking up donations from customers and receiving and processing donations in the warehouse. This role is compensated at a competitive range of $12-14 per hour.
- Regularly check vehicles to ensure mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions from appropriate sources.
- Secure cargo for transport by using ropes, blocks, chains, binders or covers.
- Provide receipts and marketing materials to donors.
- Maintain inventory and inspect goods needed to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Operate equipment to exchange information with bases, supervisors and other drivers.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS to determine vehicle routes.
- Assist with loading and unloading of trucks; operate any special loading equipment on vehicles.
- Supply production associates with raw materials to meet daily production goals.
- Demonstrate superior and positive customer service when dealing with all customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience and Background
- Education: High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience: 3 years as a truck driver preferred.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Operation Monitoring
- Time Management
- Equipment Maintenance
- Proper lift techniques