Lead Sales Associate
ThriftSmart is a nonprofit social enterprise operating thrift stores in Middle Tennessee. We combine our passion for serving our community with the best trends in business management to create jobs, provide value to customers, and generate ongoing revenue for our four charity partners.
Lead Sales Associate | Franklin, TN
The lead sales associate position is responsible for; maintaining guest services, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, cash register operations (POS), opening and closing store as needed and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards. The Lead Sales Associate will earn an hourly wage of $10.00 with opportunities to advanced within the company!
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service. Provides outstanding customers service to all who enter the store.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Assists managers in training new staff.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensure re-wraps are done promptly.
- Assists in leading team through sales, merchandising and store operation.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping. Maintains cashiering desk/areas in a clean, organized fashion.
- Assists with answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate person or department.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Communicate guest requests to management.
- Trains new employees, allocates and monitors work of others as directed by Store Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience and Background
- Education: High School diploma/GED preferred
- Experience: 1-3 years of retail/customer service preferred
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required