Tongass Federal Credit Union
Business Loan Officer
Tongass Federal Credit Union is located in southern Southeast Alaska about 1.5 hours by jet from Seattle. Our main office is located on an island with 14,000 residents. Ketchikan is a popular cruise destination for Alaska Inside Passage cruises. We get nearly 1 million visitors each year.
Business Loan Officer | Ketchikan, AK
Tongass Federal Credit Union is looking for an experienced and energetic business lender to join the team and make an instant impact. This role will be responsible for the following day to day tasks:
- Develops and enhances business member relationships by performing the following: maintain a presence in the community as a credit union business specialist; solicit new business from present and prospective members; maintain ongoing business relationships with present members in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining the business member loan portfolio and managing the relationships within this portfolio with an additional emphasis on deposits.
- Visits and contact with local businesses to promote and sell the business products and services offered by the credit union.
- Establish and maintain business communications with members through modern media outlets – Email, Facebook, Linkd-In, plus advertising, promotions and similar communication/promotional channels.
- Establish working relationships with the SBA, USDA, AIDEA, Division of Economic Development and the Ketchikan Small Business Development Center, and be able to present loan and service programs and opportunities to TFCU business members.
- Analyze financial statements and business plans, document and process business loan applications, and make decisions regarding the credit request within the lending authority. Present loan exceptions with recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Negotiate terms and loan structures with business members based upon risk considerations and internal pricing parameters and stated policy.
- Work in cooperation with the Consumer/Mortgage Loan Manager and staff; handle applications and processing as needed in unusual circumstances. Attend weekly Loan Department meetings to facilitate communication.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for business products and services.
- Provide input and recommendations for loan types and lending interest rates.
- Work with collections specialist as pertains to business loan problem accounts, delinquencies and recoveries.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team; attend Board meetings and report on assigned areas of responsibility as requested by the CEO/Manager. Participate as a Senior Management Team member on Asset-Liability Committee meetings. Participate in budget and planning relative to business loans and services.
- Participate in marketing business services and promoting credit union business products.
- Establish strong working relations with Branch Managers and work in cooperation with them on business loans and services. Conduct formal communication, staff training and on-site visits to facilitate cooperation.
- Participate in appropriate community events and forums such as the Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce and economic development enterprises.
Experience and Background
- Minimum of 5 years experience in banking
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills and projecting a positive image as a representative of the credit union.
- Excellent organizational, presentational, interpersonal and sales skills.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field or the equivalent experience required.
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PC based applications.
- At least three years of experience in a commercial lending or comparable experience in mortgage or consumer lending.