Quality Assurance Engineer
TOPY America manufacturers steel wheels for a variety of automotive manufacturers including General Motors, Ford, Honda, Isuzu, Nissan, Saturn, Subaru and Toyota. Located in Frankfort, Kentucky, TOPY America is a privately owned company and is a subsidiary of TOPY Industries, Ltd. in Japan. Our world headquarters reside in Tokyo and other plant locations include Taiwan, England, Indonesia, as well as the United States, with a sister company located in Chicago.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER | FRANKFORT, KY
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for assuring products conform to T.A.I established requirements and standards through audit, inspection, and test activities. Interacts with internal departments at all levels and external customers and suppliers. Strong working knowledge of QMS activities to ISO/TS16949:2009 requirements.
- Formulates procedures, specifications, and standards for products and processes following customer and T.A.I requirements with consideration to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
- Establishes communication links with customers, vendors, and internal departments to effectively convey quality control information, test results, correctional measures, etc.
- Attends and participates in Quality meetings, Technical meetings, product development meetings, etc. and provides the necessary support.
- Conducts root cause analysis of quality problems, and develops and implements corrective counter measures using 5P, 5 Why and 8D formats.
- Provides daily instruction, guidance, and assistance to quality inspectors as it relates to the job.
- Compiles and analyzes data to support departmental reports. Prepares and distributes various reports and documentation related to departmental activities such as Material Supply Quality, Quality Report to Customer, etc.
- Develops and implements quality system planning, efficiency improvement, and measurement system programs to meet company and customer quality and control demands.
- Performs necessary PPAP’s and provides the necessary support to APQP activities, establishes inspection procedures, designs and procures inspection gauges, conducts gauge reliability studies, and creates calibration, inspection, and test standards and forms.
- Liaison to customer PQE’s and other quality representation for new product development and existing programs.
- Conduct internal and external supplier audits to requirements of ISO/TS16949:2009.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of mechanical engineering, and quality assurance inspection, diagnostic, and problem solving procedures and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of TOPY Quality Policy, QA standards, policies, and procedures as well as individual customer specifications and requirements. Emphasis on ISO/TS16949:2009.
- Knowledge of industry standards related to quality inspection and maintenance.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, root cause analysis, and problem tracking and reporting procedures.
- Excellent problem solving, diagnostic, and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills to convey and interpret quality inspection results and problem resolutions, and to maintain good customer relations.
- Ability to develop and implement quality system planning, efficiency improvement, and measurement system programs and tools.
- Ability to draft and complete various reports and documentation of departmental activities using Windows Office Suite with strengths in Excel.
- Ability to read calipers, micrometers, standards, and blueprints.
- Ability to distinguish colors and color shading to conduct visual quality inspections of products.
- Working at an industry leader that has received significant investments to update and upgrade facilities