Truman's Gentlemen's Groomers
Front Desk Coordinator
Truman’s Gentleman’s Groomers was created by three mainstream professional men who grew tired of going to female-centric salons in search of a worthy haircut. They wanted classic services like shaves, shoe shines, and massage at a place where the client was the most important person in the room and the service was provided without an attitude.
Their collective vision bred an entirely novel grooming experience. The Truman's client can expect to be treated to exceptional service, complimentary beverages, and beyond all, quality care.
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR | NEW YORK, NY
Truman's is seeking an experienced salon professional to join our front desk team. Candidates should have a strong passion for the industry, and a desire to grow into a leadership role with a fantastic company.
Front of House is expected to undertake any work that comes with the position's main objective: Performs hospitality desk duties to ensure efficient operation and delivery of exceptional client/guest service.
The Front Desk Coordinator is the first impression of the store. It is imperative to understand the importance of this.
- Complete Truman's required training program to memorize services, memberships and back of house preferences for both of our stores in a timely manner.
- First point of contact to check-in guests and schedule salon and spa services via email and multi-line phones.
- Responsible for processing payments and managing service/retail transactions.
- Manage cash drawers (change, balancing and closing out).
- Responsible for product knowledge and membership sales.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courteous service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity and professionalism to internal and external clients.
- Complete Truman's required training program to memorize services, memberships, and back of house preferences for both of our stores in a timely manner.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 1 year previous salon experience is REQUIRED.
- Must have experience with salon scheduling software, preferably Booker.
- Ability to speak fluent English.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of the salon industry.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ambition and drive to grow into a senior role on a great team.