Among many advantages enjoyed by customers of VTC Insurance Group is the simple convenience of having a single source for every risk management need, regardless of scope or scale. We’re honored to be the largest independent insurance and surety provider in Michigan, while serving clients in all 50 states. Our size also means we’re better equipped to negotiate, on the behalf of our customers, the best-value coverage from top-rated carriers, with a broad menu of custom-tailored products.
COMMERCIAL LINE ACCOUNT MANAGER | TROY, MI
VTC Insurance Group is seeking a highly motivated insurance professional who is looking to be challenged and rewarded for their contributions within the organization. The successful candidate will join an experienced team of professionals who possess a fierce determination to win in the market place and provide customers with the highest level of service and risk management expertise for which this firm has become known.
The Account Manager assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. This individual is part of the Commercial Lines team and provides prompt, efficient and high-quality service to customers in support of producer/agency activities.
- Take initiative and strive to perform beyond VTC customers’ (external & internal) expectations
- Communicate and deliver the value that VTC brings to even the most challenging customers
- Build and maintain the highest degree of relationships between customer, producer, agency, and company personnel
- Foster effective working relationships within the team, with producers, and across agency locations and departments ensuring the overall success of the agency
- Manage and service a book of commercial lines business
- Market both new and renewal accounts to insurance carriers to secure quotes and place insurance
- Handle service items including policy changes, audits, certificates of insurance, billing, etc.
- Builds and maintains the highest degree of relationships between customer, producer, agency and company personnel
- Maintain knowledge of new developments or changes with carriers and new federal/state laws that may affect our customers’ insurance programs
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within an insurance sales / revenue generating role in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry
- Working knowledge of the insurance markets and products
- Effective communication skills both written and orally
- P&C license is required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Insurance Professional Designation is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft office products including excel and power point
VTC professionals enjoy a robust compensation package including salaries that are competitive with the industry. In addition, the agency offers medical, dental, vision and disability benefits as well as life and long-term care insurance. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in a 401k plan.