West County Transportation Agency
School Bus Driver
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER | SANTA ROSA, CA
West County Transportation Agency is looking for certified school bus drivers, school bus driver trainees, and class C certified drivers! Great part time position for students!
- Trainees once you reach each of the 5 milestones, recieve $400 dollar bonus!
- Licensed and fully endorced drivers recieve $500 dollars when hired and another $500 after 6 months
- Drive a school bus daily or as assigned over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, picking up and delivering school children, and adherence to all applicable laws or procedures of the State of California or the State Department of Education.
- Escorts children across streets when necessary, stopping traffic as required, with care towards student safety.
- Transports students and teachers on special trips to various locations, choosing the best route and making departure and arrival times as scheduled.
- Inspects bus prior to operation as required by law for safety purposes.
- Maintains good order among the school children on buses and while the bus is parked at bus stops. Contacting parents, students, and administrators as required by policy to deal with all discipline problems.
- Follows all Agency policies regarding student control and contact with parents and citizens.
- Renders first aid and/or emergency assistance as needed.
- Maintains daily records on assigned route and bus operation.
- Cleans and services assigned bus as per Agency policy.
- Follows all associated or related Agency policy.
- Attends and participates in required in-service instruction.
- Stand-by drivers, in addition, will perform any assigned minor clerical or custodial functions when not driving.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Drive a school bus safely and efficiently or willingness to be trained
- Service, fuel, and clean a school bus.
- Maintain good order among children on a school bus.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Read and speak English at a level required to satisfactorily perform job.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Competative pay
- 50,000 dollar life insurance policy paid for by West County Transport Agency
- Medical and Dental and Vison insurance