YMCA of Columbia-Willamette
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
TEACHER | PORTLAND, OR
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette has multiple child development centers in the Portland area. By letting us know which area of Portland-metro or Vancouver you’d like to work, we can put you directly in touch with the hiring manager.
Our Teachers work in the classroom supervising Aides and Volunteers while ensuring a safe and enriching classroom environment for children. Classrooms range in age from infant to elementary school age.
- Provide and follow written plans for a well-balanced, age appropriate curriculum.
- Supervise assistants and volunteers.
- Maintain a physically and emotionally appropriate environment for children in compliance with state regulations and YMCA standards.
- Maintain a clean and neat environment.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Maintain a high level of interaction with the children.
- Maintain positive interactions with parents/guardians of children.
- Complete all record keeping in an accurate and timely manner.
- Design and implement a daily schedule which includes activities to enhance the development of cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills.
- Maintain positive communication with school personnel.
- Participate in observation, assessment and evaluation of children.
- Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, service and responsibility.
- Respond appropriately to all and any emergency situations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervising teacher.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Pass a YMCA Background Check
- 20 credit hours in Education or related field or at least 1 year of experience in a licensed child care/school facility.
- Meet all teacher standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- At least 18 years of age