YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
The Y is For Community. Welcome to the Y. We’re an inclusive organization of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. For over 150 years, the YMCA has served the Metro Detroit region where children and families can grow.
Personal Trainer | Detroit, MI
Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator of Personal Training, all YMCA Personal Trainers will function in such a capacity as part of the YMCA Fitness Department and adhere to all rules and codes of conduct set forth by the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit. YMCA Personal Training Department offers an aggressive opportunity to join this solution-based organization with an industry-best compensation plan. In addition to private training sessions, the Personal Trainer will be required to deliver quality customer service through One on One training and/or semi-private training and specialty Small Group Training sessions. Opportunities exist at multiple locations in the metro Detroit area.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings/development/training.
- Arrive prepared with program designs specific to each client and ready to work before your scheduled appointment.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful atmosphere.
- Maintain proper, organized paperwork including client signatures for all PT tracking and contact documents.
- Book all PT sessions at least 1 month in advance.
- Deliver excellent new member workouts/Next Step appointments.
- Meet or exceed weekly expectations.
- Be knowledgeable on all programs at the YMCA.
- Act as a positive, self-confident role model for the YMCA through personal example and member interaction.
- Inform members of new information regarding training, safety and effectiveness.
- Teach proper form and preferred technique.
- Know and follow all YMCA emergency procedures.
- Wear proper uniform and name tag at all times.
- Report any wear and tear or broken equipment to mgmt.
Experience and Background
- A current nationally recognized personal training certification (i.e., ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ISSA or ACE) is required
- CPR/AED certifications are required
- 1 year or more work experience in personal training or the health/fitness industry is preferred
- Must be driven to succeed and build your clientele via networking strategies such as demos, workshops and fitness floor visibility
- Stay up to date and speak knowledgeably on current industry research, training techniques and trends
- Experience with providing members/clients with customized training programs based on health history, fitness goals and relevant fitness test results and assessments
- The ability to professionally respond to common inquiries from members
- The physical ability to demonstrate and perform proper movement techniques
- The ability to communicate effectively to both individuals and small groups