We are growing: now with offices in New York, Philadephia, Washington DC and now Houston!
“Building better accounting departments… so our nonprofit clients can build a better world.”
That’s what we believe in, and our talented staff chooses to work with us because they earnestly believe in building a better world, too. Unlike many controller firms, we specialize exclusively in the nonprofit sector. So we have a shorter learning curve and can hit the decks running when we start our engagement.
CONTROLLERS & EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANTS WASHINGTON, D.C.
Your Part-Time Controller LLC, (YPTC), has been named A Best Place to Work by the Business Journal several years in a row.
We are growing and seeking full-time and part-time accountants who can think independently, take charge and hit the ground running. YPTC offers flexible scheduling, competitive salary, excellent benefits and ongoing professional development training opportunities.
- Unlike some firms who contract individuals or fill temporary assignments, OUR STAFF MEMBERS ARE OUR EMPLOYEES!
- We don't do taxes - no tax season, no weekends, no required overtime
- Meaningful, rewarding work that benefits your community and makes a difference
- Continuously named a BEST PLACE TO WORK, year after year - by our staff!
Our staff members are employed by YPTC, either full or part-time (with benefits!) based on their personal preference, to work with our clients. Most of our clients are long-term part-time engagements, affording our staff the ability to have both consistency and variety at the same time.
We work with our clients by performing high level accounting functions throughout the year, including:
- month-end transaction processing
- monthly financial report preparation
- budgeting and cash flow planning/analysis
- outside audit facilitation
- Additionally, we streamline, automate and evaluate accounting systems and processes as well as consult with our clients about accounting and financial "best practices"
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience including positions as a Sr.Accountant, Asst. Controller or Controller preferred
- Outstanding accounting and communication skills, a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn multiple accounting software packages
- The ability to work independently and willingness to travel to client offices in and around the metropolitan area
- Non-profit accounting or public accounting experience is preferred but not required
- YPTC is a great company where you can do great things while having a great time
- Flexible full or part-time employment affords our staff the ability to have both employment stability and client variety at the same time
- Awesome benefits package – including a low cost health insurance option and loads of vacation!
- Working with nonprofits makes our jobs both challenging and rewarding
- Extraordinary growth of our firm means extraordinary opportunities for growth for members of our staff
- Every member of our staff has the independence of being able to work on their own at clients and be seen as an expert while having a large group of people for support if they need it
- We help our clients understand where they stand and work with them to solve their problems
- We work with a variety of software systems, and learn how to make them function efficiently to support each client's specific needs
- 35 hour work week, and paid overtime!