Zeman Homes, INC
Zeman currently owns and manages 40 communities located in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Florida, Arizona and California. Our residents enjoy an affordable and enriching lifestyle close to major cities, yet far enough away to enjoy the simpler moments in life. We believe that the best experiences begin at home, which is why we provide exceptional value and personalized service to make home buying effortless. Live the life you deserve, in the home and community you've dreamed of. Your new home is where your life really begins.
Community Manager | Sunnyvale, CA
As a Community Manager, you will have responsibility for the operational aspects and the continued profitability of your community and will serve as the day-to- day point of contact for residents. You will be in charge of everything from capital improvements, administrative activities, marketing, leasing and home sales of new and pre-owned homes, to property maintenance, budgeting, human resource management and, most importantly, resident relations. Ensuring a positive atmosphere and responsive service for the members of your community will not only mean satisfied long-term residents but also better word of mouth referrals!
- Ensure residents receive the highest levels of service consistent with Zeman Homes CSI Goals
- Handle and resolve resident/customer service issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain properties to ensure they meet or exceed our golf course appearance goals at all times.
- Develop a marketing strategy and maintain effective advertising to attract prospective residents to community
- Market sales and leased home inventory.
- Making sales presentations in order to sell homes to prospective residents and meet/exceed annual sales goals.
- Coordinate and manage the existing inventory, including repairs, leasing, sales, rehabs closings, and follow-up
- Meet and/or exceed home sales and leasing goals
- Manage the rent collection process, including depositing income from home sites and filing to collect on delinquent debts
- Oversee the eviction process for your community with the assistance of your Regional Manager
- Monitor and manage monthly operating budgets and prepare monthly reports on P & L variances
- Adjust and control expenditures, taking advantage of revenue generating and cost savings opportunities in order to achieve community financial goals
- Oversee capital expenditure improvements
- Ability to perform property sweeps
Background and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Studies, Hospitality or Business, a plus
- Minimum of 2 years property management experience including 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Prior sales and leasing experience
- General knowledge of repair and maintenance duties
- Solid negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws pertaining to fair housing and employment law
- Computer proficiency, experience using Google Suite, Rent Manager and Back Office preferred
- A current, valid driver's license from the State where the community is located is required before driving a company-owned vehicle or before driving his/her own vehicle on company business.
- Flexibility to respond to community needs during non-business hours